Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things I'd Like Everyone to Know...

If I had the courage to tell you, and I thought there was a possibility of making myself rightly understood, I'd tell you that:


You are a gift from God to the world. And to me, in particular. You were made, knit together, before time was time. With Love. With Purpose.

You are broken, but God works through your brokenness to heal others. And through the brokenness of others to heal you.We find grace and wisdom and discover our own belovedness in our solidarity.

You are beautiful. Even in your brokenness you are whole. You are not your flaws. You are not what you do, or what you have, or what you know, or what other people say about you. You are a child of God, and as such are uniquely, wonderfully beautiful.

And you're never alone.

Much Love,
Gina


______________________________
"Therefore that I might not become too elated, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell within me." 2 Cor 12:7-9

1 comment:

The Adventures of Miss Square in Chicago said...

That's beautiful, Gina! Thank you! I should read your blog more often ;)