Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Feast Day, Mother Cabrini!

Today is Mother Cabrini's Feast Day!

I've been on mission for two and a half months now, and I STILL hardly believe it. Everything has happened so fast from the moment I graduated, and I can barely make any sense of the chain of events. But as Sister Grace likes to say, "God writes straight with crooked lines."


I don't know where I'm going or how I came to have such an intimate connection to Mother Cabrini and her Sisters, but I know that this precious time I have with the Cabrini community is going to be of inestimable value to me personally and spiritually. I have already learned so much about myself and God from the Sisters and from my ministry at the retreat center.

Thank you Mother Cabrini for guiding me along this journey and for lending me your sisters, the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, on whom I draw such strength and comfort. I don't what the future has in store for me, but I know you'll be there to guide me with great gentleness and love.

Thank you, Mother Cabrini.

Blessings,
Gina

"To you, my sisters, may Jesus be with you and with gentle peace draw you to his heart and always keep you there with His divine strength." -Mother Cabrini



1 comment:

Dad said...

Gentle Peace,I must replace my rage with this!